Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Name is Susan and I'm a Soapaholic

Hi everyone! My name is Susan and I'm a Soapaholic. Welcome to Diary of a Soap Addict. I guess since this is my first blog entry I’ll take the opportunity to say a little bit about myself and my soap addiction. I’ve been watching soaps for as long as I can remember - thanks to my mother. She got me hooked on the ABC soaps at a very young age. Some of my earliest memories involve me sneaking downstairs during “naptime” to watch All My Children and One Life to Live. I was that kid who had a SOD subscription in elementary school and learned how to set the VCR to tape my soaps before I was writing in cursive because I was afraid to miss Robert and Anna’s second wedding on General Hospital or Isabella’s death on Days of our Lives. I’ve watched every soap on the air at one time or another but my two favourite soaps are probably Days of our Lives and General Hospital which is why you’ll probably find I’m the hardest on them because they suck right now and it’s just so heartbreaking for me to watch them when they’re beyond bad. Anyway, I think that’s enough of the boring stuff. I’ll hopefully put something more interesting up in a little while. I hope you come back to check it out. Ttyl!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Susan! Can't wait for this to get off the ground. This is going to be good times!

    You've never really broken down your soap "history" in so much detail to me before, lol. If you've talked about it at FL, I missed it. How fun! And it's no wonder that you've got such a fun and, um, knowledgeable outlook on all things soapy. Love you for it!

    Can't wait to see you and give you a big hug in Hartford next month! It's so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've talked about it a bit - you must have missed it -lol!

    Can't wait to see you in Hartford too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have another stalker here. Maybe you can try to talk me into watching these shows again. I gave up Days and GH last autumn.

    ReplyDelete